Assistant Financial Controller
- Provide a professional, advisory and executive support to the Financial Controller in meeting the strategic goals of the company.
- Assist Financial Controller to prepare and submit reports that are concise, comprehensive, accurate and timely. This includes all financial reports, operating budgets, cash flows and financial forecasts.
- Practise effective balance sheet management and ensure the reconciliation are completed monthly.
- Practise effective cash flow management and to communicate all significant cash flows to Financial Controller on a regular basis.
- Assist in developing Department Heads so that they may take more responsibility for forecasting their department operating and financial performance.
- Assist Financial Controller to ensure the compliance level to relevant contractual and legal obligations; Finance Standard Operating Procedures; The Hotel Management Contract; All COMO Hotels and Resorts Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in managing any financial requests/duties as may be requested from Head Office and Owner.
- Advice on strategies aimed at cost minimisation and maximisation of revenue opportunities.
- Review and monitor internal controls within the hotel.
- Implement and maintain training systems to ensure that employees have the necessary framework and skills to perform their job efficiently and effectively.
- Prepare work schedules and annual leave schedules within budget, business expectations and guidelines of the appropriate industrial legislation.
- Oversee the selection and appointment of new employees within the department.
- Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the workplace.
- Proven experience in a comparable Finance role, with hospitality experience preferred.
- Exceptional level of communication, organisation, attention to detail, and a strong accounting background with duties include balance sheet reconciliations, month end closing preparations, as well as fixed asset register preparations.
- Strong level of leadership, analytical and numerical skills, legislation and information systems knowledge.
Deposit Your Resume
At COMO, we’re always looking for passionate, creative, stylish individuals to join our family in hospitality jobs. We seek people who think originally, react instinctively and want to be a part of one of the most exciting companies in the luxury industry. If you’re interested in working at a COMO property, send us your resume now!