Chef de Cuisine
Each destination within COMO Hotels and Resorts features award-winning cuisine that this Chef de Cuisine in this unique Japanese Restaurant will further enhance with their personal creativity and style. The incumbent while responsible for the efficient management of the restaurant culinary team their focus on brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations is equally important.
- Enforce performance standards policies and procedures in the restaurant kitchen in line with company regulations.
- Introduce and implement new ideas for the guest dining experience.
- Minimize expenditure to increase profitability with the guidelines set by the budget.
- Implement direction and organize employees to keep smooth operation of the department.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with other departments in order to smooth operation of the department.
- To ensure that profit margins are maintained, agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control systems.
- Ensure the correct order and storage of perishable items to prevent spoilage and increase in cost to maintain budgeted targets.
- To ensure that regular stock takes are conducted for small operating equipment and crockery.
- To hold regular performance appraisals with all restaurant culinary employees, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is effective.
- To follow disciplinary guidelines are followed to allow fair judgment and solution to any incidents.
- Suggestions to top management on departmental hire, transfer, suspend, promote, discharge, evaluate.
- Direct and coach immediate assistants to handle the operation in case of your absence.
- Set and explain clearly to team members regarding collective targets and standards that should be achieved as a department.
- To maintain the highest possible hygiene level, in line with guidelines to prevent any incidents form happening.
- To effectively and quickly deal with customer complaints and issues.
- To ensure that reports and administration requirements are submitted on time for financial purposes.
- To organize and implement training for the needs of the restaurant culinary team as a whole and the individual employees as needed.
- Experience & knowledge in Japanese cuisine
- Previous hotel experience
- Previous Nobu or Zuma experience preferred
- Working with different cultures
- Experience running training programmes
- Completed Commercial Cookery and obtained a trade certificate or the equivalent
- HACCP trained
- Certification in food hygiene
Deposit Your Resume
At COMO, we’re always looking for passionate, creative, stylish individuals to join our family in hospitality jobs. We seek people who think originally, react instinctively and want to be a part of one of the most exciting companies in the luxury industry. If you’re interested in working at a COMO property, send us your resume now!