Entity/Property: COMO Parrot Cay
Position: Laundry Attendant
Base Location: Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos Islands
Reports into: Housekeeping Manager
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Understand the operation of washing machines and dryers.
- Sweep and mop laundry floors, storing all linens off the floor.
- Fold towels and linens.
- Remove and sort dirty linens and towels from laundry carts.
- Keep laundry carts clean and free of debris.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Sort clean laundry according to type and load carts. Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Provide assistance to other team members and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested, or deemed necessary by management.
- Flexible and long hours are sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during the entire shift
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel-required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.