- Accommodation for five nights at COMO Uma Paro on a full board basis, including picnic lunches during excursion days (excluding beverages)
- Fully serviced five-night camping trek
- Nine-and-a-half days of privately guided excursions, taking in the highlights of the Paro and Thimphu valleys
This itinerary is split between exploring the depths of Bhutanese culture and trekking through its natural grandeur. Five nights will be spent in the sleek comfort of COMO Uma Paro, followed by five nights camping in the beautiful wilderness as you continue this rewarding journey on foot. The trek culminates in an ascent to Jangothang, where you can survey the land below, in the shadow of the Kingdom’s highest peak: Mt. Jhomolhari (7,314m).
KEY ITINERARY HIGHLIGHTS
Visit the Taktsang ‘Tiger’s Nest’ Monastery, one of Bhutan’s architectural highlights
Cross the Takhung La pass (4,520m) to a sprawling view of four mountains
Pay respects at Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest temples in Bhutan
Spend a day exploring the bustling capital Thimphu
Enter the awe-inspiring Jigme Dorji National Park
Explore Drukgyel Dzong, a fortress ruin that was originally built in 1648
Be privy to the rich collection at Ta Dzong, the national museum of Bhutan
- The private services of an experienced English-speaking Bhutanese guide
- One 60-minute COMO Shambhala body treatment
- Complimentary one-hour daily yoga class (except Sundays)
- Complimentary use of the library, swimming pool, steam room and gym
- Private airport transfers and transport around Bhutan
- All Bhutanese government visa and royalty fees, service charge and sales tax
- All museum and visitor centre entry fees and road permits
To make the most of this expedition, we recommend booking from March to May or from mid-September to November. It requires a minimum of two people. COMO Uma Paro requires guests to check out during the overnight camping (we will store luggage during this time).
Terms and Conditions
- The hotel reserves the right to release a reservation if the required deposit amount is not received within the mentioned cut off period as stipulated in the pro forma invoice.
- All cancellations of confirmed bookings must be received in writing by the hotel or by its representative.
- Late arrivals, no shows and early departures will be charged in full.
- Separate reservation, deposit and cancellation conditions will apply for group bookings of five rooms or more.
- Separate cancellation policies apply for flights
- Other terms and conditions apply