Director of Food & Beverage
COMO Laucala Island, Fiji
Property: COMO Laucala Island
Position: Director of Food & Beverage
Base Location: Fiji
Department: Food & Beverage
Reporting to: General Manager
The role of Director of Food & Beverage is to oversee the overall operation of the Food & Beverage Department, deliver excellent product and service quality levels while maximizing profits; forecasting and budgeting; and selecting, training, and developing employees.
- Prepare the annual Food and Beverage budget and monthly forecasts for Food and Beverage needs and expenses.
- Oversee the entire Food and Beverage Operations, ensuring all food and beverage concepts according to COMO standards and guests’ preferences.
- Be the leader who understands and delivers luxury, personalisation, recognition and lifestyle, and memorable experiences.
- Be innovative; constantly challenging yourself and the team to lift the bar in service delivery.
- Be the business leader for the Food and Beverage Division, actively working with Cluster Director of Sales and Marketing to drive Sales, Marketing, Pricing, and service delivery.
- Have the foresight to anticipate future business trends, challenges, and competitive pressures and to be in a position to counter such threats.
- Responsible for operating day-to-day whilst working on a pre-agreed short and long-term business objectives of the property.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures, steps of services, and other policies and procedures for the food and beverage operation.
- Work collaboratively with the Planning Committee members in carrying out hotel objectives.
- Achieve excellent ratings and standards for all food concepts by the hotel and industry reviews, including social media sites.
- Responsible for Human Resources planning, hiring, training, development, and building bench strength to provide continuity in such high-level service delivery.
- Ensure COMO corporate brand and standards are observed.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations regarding food preparation and serving in all outlets.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, keeping inventory records, submit purchase orders, and cost control responsibilities.
- Works closely with the Executive Chef on menu design, food preparation based on the anticipated number of guests, and maintaining healthy food costs.
- Maintain an attractive beverage program with an appropriate beverage cost in line with the budget.
- Ability to perform other tasks and/or projects as assigned by Management.
- Ensure full knowledge of all hotel systems in order to maintain full maximization of systems use.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or Hospitality Management.
- 10+ years or more of progressive hotel Food and Beverage experience.
- Service-oriented with professional presentation skills.
- At least 3 years of experience in a senior role in a food and beverage environment.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Possess a high energy, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Great team player, strong communicator, and proven leader with the ability to drive collaboration and teamwork.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Point of Sales System.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
- Experience in implementing new Food and Beverage concepts.
- Possess entrepreneur and business skills.
- Profit and Loss management and budget skills.