Duty Security Officer
COMO Metropolitan London, UK
Property: COMO Metropolitan London
Position: Duty Security Officer
Base Location: COMO Metropolitan London
Reporting to: Security Manager
- You will be responsible for the protection and provision of a safe working environment for all employees, guests, and visitors and will always provide a professional interface with the public.
- You will act as a reporting body within the hotel, providing the confidence that all matters likely to affect the hotel and its assets will be reported in time for necessary action.
- You will check CCTV equipment daily, including all cameras, liaising with CCTV engineers as necessary, to ensure the system’s coverage is fully functional 24 hours a day.
- You will be required to report and investigate accidents, near misses, and incidents of note in the workplace.
- You will ensure that the fire alarm system is tested, maintained, and fully operational, responding to all activations. You will also carry out building and escape route inspections, and ensure that the fire register is maintained and available for inspection at all times
- You will hold a valid SIA License and be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and application of security, loss prevention, and health and safety, ideally within a hotel background.
- Candidates will have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated to perform all duties with energy and enthusiasm, and have excellent time management skills as you will often be required to manage your own workload.
- You will have the ability to balance building a professional and empathetic rapport with guests and colleagues, whilst remaining objective.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office applications for report writing and record keeping.
- Reliable, punctual, well-presented, and flexible; you must be able to commit to a 24/7 working shift pattern on a full-time basis, which includes, weekends, public holidays, and nights.