Director of Rooms
COMO Metropolitan Singapore
Property: COMO Metropolitan Singapore
Position: Director of Rooms
Base Location: Singapore
Reporting to: General Manager
The scope of Director of Rooms will involve managing the overall direction and operations of the Rooms division departments – Front Office, Housekeeping, Operations, and Security. You shall be required to develop specific goals, policies and strategies for your department which shall be implemented through correct planning, organizing and training, while also ensuring that high standards, quality and maximum profitability is aimed for at all times as per standard set by COMO Hotels & Resorts.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the entire operations of Front Office, Housekeeping, Operations, and Security, paying particular attention to the service standards in accordance with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Maintain a positive, professional and natural manner with all guests and team members, with the aim to build rapport and loyalty to the property and COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Provide, maintain and manage the departments environment to ensure you receive open, constructive feedback and development
- Review structure and organization of all related departments and improve where necessary
- Lead, motivate and manage the Rooms Division team in the execution of their duties to maximize operational efficiency.
- Lead, develop and empower the Head of Departments to identify opportunities and make recommendations for improving efficiency and quality of service in their respective departments
- Ensure that standards and procedures are adhered to at all times, communicate to the relevant department heads to allow a smooth operation
- Adopt a flexible approach and demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude to your team so that they feel comfortable with communicating to you. Set an example that others can follow
- To manage and develop a service related environment, where attention to detail and both internal and external guests needs are paramount
- Implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the operation of Front Office, Housekeeping, Operations, and Security.
- Ensure that all COMO Operations Manuals are localized, implemented and reviewed within the Rooms Division departments
- To encourage and develop innovation and creativity, passion, and style in the departments.
- Develop a positive and motivated team at all times
- Adopt a ‘hands on’ approach with the teams that you are given direct responsibility for.
- Ensure that you spend time with these teams on a daily basis and offer your support and guidance equally
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the General Manager or their delegate
- Prepare all Rooms Division annual budget and monitor the departmental budgets while establishing systems that can be implemented to ensure that budget targets are reached or exceeded whilst not diminishing service quality.
- Prepare the yearly CAPEX and monitor that it is utilised accordingly
- Monitor budgets and profit & loss reports on a monthly basis to ensure that any variances are analysed and explained during the appropriate meetings.
- Implement the approved budget, ensure budgets set are achievable, control of expenditure is kept within budget, monitor costs & take corrective measures when necessary.
- Monitor all budgets and assist the GM establishing systems that can be implemented to ensure that budget targets are reached or exceeded whilst not diminishing service quality
- Assist with the gathering of accurate information and statistics that can assist with the creation of the annual Sales & Marketing Plan
- Be aware of market developments and competitor activities to ensure that the property is in line/ahead of the competition both in Rooms and products in general
- Implement and suggest systems that maximize the revenue produced by the property facilities in order that the budget is achieved or exceeded
- Responsible for safeguarding all company assets by ensuring that effective controls are implemented and reviewed.
- 8-10 years of experience in managerial roles in Rooms Division.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or related field.
- Knowledge in MS Office and Opera is highly desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Responsible attitude with a calm and professional approach.
- A positive character with a proactive approach and a self-driven attitude.
- Motivation, discretion and confidentiality.
- Familiar with COMO brand and values.