Executive Assistant Manager
COMO HOTELS AND RESORT
Property: COMO Shambhala Estate
Position: Executive Assistant Manager
Base Location: Bali
Department: Administrative and General
Reporting to: General Manager
To support the General Manager in the management of the COMO Shambhala Estate, focusing on the operational aspects of the hotel while directly responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing the departments of Front Office, Housekeeping, Personal Assistant and Security. In the absence of the GM, the Executive Assistant Manager will be in charge of the operation ensuring the delivery of a consistent guest experience in line with COMO Hotels & Resorts.
- Be an ambassador of COMO Shambhala Estate to meet, greet and bid farewell to VIP guests and be a visible presence on the property whilst on duty
- Ensure highest level of guest satisfaction by providing extraordinary quality guest services and amenities within property and group standards
- Adjust and improve operational areas when and where possible to ensure guest satisfaction
- Regular inspection of hotel rooms and other areas to ensure standards are maintained
- Develop, implement and monitor standard operating procedures, health and safety rules, steps of services and other policies and procedures for the departments under your responsibility in line with COMO Hotels and Resorts, local guidelines/regulations and the Leading Quality Assurance set standards
- Establish an ‘open door’ policy and communicate this to the team members so that they feel comfortable with communicating to you.
- Adopt a ‘hands on’ approach with teams that you are given direct responsibility for. Ensure that you spend time with these teams on a daily basis and offer your support and guidance equally
- Assist in overseeing and directing the personnel function of departments under your responsibility including recruitment, hiring, orientation, coaching, counseling, training, labor cost controls, employee relations, performance appraisal and succession planning.
- Respond to enquiries and resolve guests complaints from all channels in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensure and adjust appropriate employee levels during peak and low occupancies.
- Authorise leave, schedule Managers and Assistant Managers of the Division in view of the property demand patterns and operational needs.
- Lead a monthly security and safety meeting, ensure maintenance and update all safety related manuals and SOP’s in areas such as fire, threats, guest accident & injury and implementation of first aid.
- Proactively obtain feedback from the guests and review glitch reports to ensure that their expectations are met and that the service levels they experience are consistent.
- Maintain a positive, professional and natural manner with all guests and team members, with the aim to build rapport and loyalty to the property and COMO Hotels and Resorts.
- Build effective rapport and have a positive working relationship with the company owners, partners and any COMO Managers (specifically task force) that visits the property.
- Hotels champion for Leading Quality Assurance standards that includes administrator, training, audits, and action plans to achieve property benchmark of 86 per cent.
- Hotels Sustainability Champion that supports any head office initiatives, on property programs, data collecting and reporting and driving participation.
- Ensure full knowledge of all hotel systems in order to maintain full maximization of systems use.
- Monitor all budgets and assist the General Manager establishing systems that can be implemented to ensure that budget targets are reached or exceeded whilst not diminishing service quality.
- Assist with the collection of accurate information and statistics that can assist with the creation of the annual sales and marketing plan.
- Keep abreast of market developments and competitor activities to ensure that the property is in line/ahead of the competition both in Rooms and products in general.
- Responsible for safeguarding all company assets by ensuring that effective controls are implemented and reviewed
- Attend daily management, monthly DH Operations meetings and monthly Planning Committee meetings. Chair the above meetings as and when required by the GM
- Follow all correct channels of communication and ensure that the GM is updated continuously. You must also consult if there are any issues or situations where you are unsure of the correct course of action or to check that the course of action that you have decided to take is correct
- Ensure that all team members (including yourself) attend a standard 3-day COMO Orientation within their first two weeks of work. This will ensure all team members have a good understanding of the COMO and property brand and learn how to bring the brand to life
- Embody the COMO brand values of Passion, Creativity and Style in daily interactions with guests and team members. Constantly think of ways in which you can show these values and help each and every employee to understand how they can do the same
- Ensure that your own product knowledge of all COMO properties and initiatives is updated and shared with the rest of the team
- Proactively obtain feedback from the guests to ensure that their expectations are met and that the service levels they experience are consistent
Finance & Planning
- Monitor all budgets and assist the GM establishing systems that can be implemented to ensure that budget targets are reached or exceeded whilst not diminishing service quality
- Assist in producing the annual Food & Beverage Marketing Plan, drawing assistance from the F&B team together with Sales & Marketing Communications departments
- Help with the gathering of accurate information that can assist with the creation of the annual Sales & Marketing Plan
- Be aware of market developments and competitor activities to ensure that the property is in line/ahead of the competition both in Rooms and in Food & Beverage
- Implement and suggest systems that maximize the revenue produced by the property facilities in order that the budget is achieved or exceeded
- Attend and assist with the organisation of a monthly Profit & Loss meeting focusing on the performance of the hotel
- Be responsible for safeguarding all company assets by ensuring that effective controls are implemented and reviewed
Welfare & Training
- Actively support the HR & Training team and ensure that this team is dedicated to the well-being, motivation, development and maintenance of all team members
- Pay attention to each individual staff member and ensure that HR & Training offer consistent benefits to all staff members where appropriate
- Personally undertake training needs analysis for team members that report directly to you and communicate both internally to the HR & Training team and externally to the COMO Director of Training & HR (Asia) to ensure that training needs are met
- Commit appropriate time and resources to the development of each individual team member under your supervision
- Assist with the establishment of a staff committee and attend this on a regular basis. Actively listen to the employee’s comments and suggestions and support appropriate staff activities and initiatives that are proposed
- Undertake annual appraisals for each member of the management team that reports directly to you and ensure that all managers under your supervision undertake these appraisals with their team within the year. All appraisals must use the standard COMO performance evaluation forms
- Monitor employee performance and ensure that a COMO discipline and grievance procedure is implemented and followed consistently
- Organise meetings within your departments to ensure that all team members are kept up to date with all appropriate information relating to the operation and the guests
- Hold a monthly meeting with the property GM to discuss department related issues that need to be followed up
- Be available for your team members and be ready to coach and advise them
- Maintain department boards up to date and ensure that all appropriate property and company information is shared with your team
- Communicate and ask for assistance from your superior when faced with difficult problem or situation that you have not experienced before
- Be available for and listen your team members – be ready to coach and advise them so that they can remain motivated
- Pay attention to your verbal and non verbal communication when dealing with others – you set the example for all team members and managers to follow
- Communicate to others clearly and always follow the correct lines of communication
- Always promote open communication within the property – advise others that do not promote this through their actions and behaviours
- Be open to receive feedback from others and be able to provide constructive feed back to others focusing on facts and not personal opinion