Front Office Agent
Entity/Property: COMO Castello del Nero
Position: Front Office Agent
Base Location: Tuscany, Italy
Department: Front Office
Reports into: Front Office Supervisor
- Welcome guests professionally and demonstrate a warm, confident and genuine first impression.
- Assist guests with checking in and out at the hotel and explain the hotel facilities, room locations, and operating hours of all outlets accordingly.
- Be knowledgeable of all room types, room rates, guest type, VIP codes and the Property Management System as well as Daily Briefing Sheet numbers.
- Read logbook and attend daily briefing and department meeting as required by supervisors and other managers.
- Process guest check in and checkout using the Property Management System per COMO guidelines.
- Assist the Front Office operations in answering phone calls.
- Possess knowledge of all excursions and activities available from the hotel, assist and guide guests with their selection and other outlets.
- Attend to guests’ needs at the Front Desk with issuing room keys, special requests, ticket reconfirmation, etc.
- Inspect all guest rooms prior to arrival to ensure everything is in order and place the welcome letter signed by General Manager making sure the right amenity is in place according to guest profile or Management request.
- Keep and ensure sufficient stock of front desk stationeries and guest’s supplies at all times.
- Upsell hotel products, private dinners and more ensuring upsell monthly goals are in line with management guidelines.
- Handling guest complaints with professionalism promptly identify a corrective action to satisfy our guests and involve management whenever necessary.
- Report any incident, complaint or suggestions made by the guests in daily front office logbook.
- Closely liaise with Reservations, Housekeeping and all other departments in order to create a clear line of communication throughout the hotel.
- Ensure that all expected departing guests receive their departure information accordingly and upon departure ensure their check out invoice is accurate.