COMO Metropolitan London, UK
Property: COMO Metropolitan London
Position: Night Manager
Base Location: COMO Metropolitan London
Department: Front Office
Reporting to: Front of Office Manager
- Assess guest complaints/problems and take prompt appropriate and corrective action to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Act without prior approval with full authority within his/her scope to ensure that all The Metropolitan's policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure coverage of the front desk at all times.
- Be certified and fully versed in all positions contained in the Front Office operation.
- Maintain an effective flow of communication from the Front of House to all departments and ensure all Front Office staff is kept informed of issues that concern them.
- Ensure the proper handling of all VIP guests as specified in the VIP procedures.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Sales, Accounts, and Housekeeping departments.
- Oversee handling of special room requests, special accommodation needs, and billing instructions.
- Review all Front Office work to ensure all procedures are being met and ensure deficiencies are corrected appropriately and immediately.
- You will be responsible for supervising the work of our dedicated night team throughout the hotel, maintaining motivation levels, and developing those within your immediate front office team.
- You will work closely with the Duty Security Officer to ensure that any incidents are resolved where possible and recorded or reported appropriately.
- A background in Front Office Hospitality
- Knowledge of Opera is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in a management role is critical
- A proactive approach with a self-driven attitude
- Excellent eye for detail
- A responsible and mature attitude
- The ability to remain calm and focused in an emergency situation