People and Culture Assistant Director / Director
COMO Metropolitan Singapore
Property: COMO Metropolitan Singapore
Position: People and Culture Assistant Director / Director
Base Location: Singapore
Department: People and Culture
Reporting to: General Manager
- To be an effective business partner to hotel by value adding to the human capitals, transforming the full spectrum of People and Culture functions to stay above competition, including but not limited to maximising productivities and efficiencies automation of People and Culture functions from job posting, recruitment, on boarding, off boarding, payroll administration, compensations and benefits management, data analysis, reports generations etc.
- To be able to enhance engagement, learning and development activities for all levels of team members and in return create internal succession which is integral to growth of Hotel and COMO Hotels and Resorts.
- Improve People and Culture efficiencies through automation and simplifications of processes without compromising critical deliverables
- Together with Planning Committee members of Hotel and People and Culture leads from Head Office, strategically map out short, mid and long term human capital needs for Hotel and COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Create succession planning by identifying gaps and effectively source for manpower that are promotable and relocatable to support growth of the company
- Link People and Culture deliverables to guest satisfaction, retention and growth and profit enhancement
- Identify opportunities to improve productivities through partnership with department heads and planning committee
- Create culture of inclusion and belongings and improve team member engagement and retention
- To maintain and grow channels of talent sources by partnering with schools, government agencies, job portals etc
- Working with Marketing department to create Employer Branding and followings by emerging and top talents
- Pro-actively create database of talents in the market place, pre-qualify them with the aim to fill open positions according to the Company standard of 30 days.
- Apply professional and legal recruitment and selection processes to find talent who inherently share our vision and values of passion, creativity and style.
- Use succession planning and development to address recruitment needs with internal talent.
- Adopt a reference check procedure that meets company policy and procedures
- Be creative in approach to attracting talent identifying cost effective solutions relevant to the vacant position.
- Create and manage content for our social media presence to enhance our employer profile
- Assist with the promotion and attraction of talent for Hotel’s six (6) month formalised internship programme and/or 12-18 month management trainee programme
Learning and Development:
- Be up to date with all company and property training programmes and be able to guide Training Manager to deliver them as appropriate.
- Ensure that every team member attends the Company’s New Hire Orientation within the first month of employment.
- Provide training and development advices in delivery of business objectives and LQA standards
- Advice to all Planning Committee and Department Heads in the designing and implementation of team members’ personal development plans to maximise everyone’s potential.
- To co-ordinate short term cross exposure training opportunities to support the development of a multi-skilled and flexible workforce.
- Ensure that all compliance training are monitored and executed on time and training records updated for regulatory bodies’ inspection.
- Progressively update knowledge of learning and development trends and reputed providers to be able to guide Training Manager in identification of creative solutions to address training needs analysis.
Team member Relations
- Fulfil our company and legal responsibilities regarding the confidential storage of all team member electronic and paper-based data.
- Manage and review processes to ensure timely and efficient issue and return of offer letters, statement of terms and conditions of employment, and job descriptions for every team member.
- Creating and managing events for the annual team member relations calendar that foster engagement and enhance morale.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures relating to People and Culture and Learning and Development are implemented and adapted for local use through the creation/revision of standard operating procedures.
- Where applicable, and with approval, create tailor made standard operating procedures to fit property operations and employment legislation.
- Manage team member recognition programmes such as long service, team member of the month, manager of the quarter and Team member/Supervisor/Manager of the Year.
- Manage the hotel’s disciplinary and grievance procedures fairly and consistently, encouraging (where applicable) coaching and informal discussions in the first instance to correct behaviour.
- Manage consultation processes according to hotel’s policy and procedure and local legislation.
- Oversee performance management processes designed to enhance the performance of team members who are not meeting role expectations.
- Manage the right to work/work permit status of Hotel team members in accordance with local legislation and maintain a recordkeeping system that demonstrates our legal compliance.
- Progressively maintain an up to date knowledge of changing employment legislation and case law, and to adapt standard operating procedures accordingly.
- Develop the knowledge relating to employment law of the supervisory and management teams to assist the business in being legally compliant.
Compensations and Benefits Management:
- Undertake annual competitor salary and benefit surveys to assist with maintaining market competitiveness, making proposals for remedial action where appropriate.
- Manage payroll to ensure the timely and accurate payment of team members, taking immediate corrective action in the case of error.
- Implement company benefits and local benefits and manage the pension and private medical insurance administration process
- Maintain an overview of the Company’s annual performance management and salary review process to ensure that every eligible team member is appraised and receives a fair increment.
- Assist with the creation of the annual People and Culture and Training Budget and Manning Guide that supports business performance and future objectives.
- Monitor monthly spend against budget investigating and accounting for any variances (overspends, in particular).
- Assist with the management of the annual salary review process to ensure competitive and meaningful salary increments without exceeding the annual payroll budget.
- Review all requests for new starters, promotions and additional responsibilities to ensure that salary proposals are in line with budget and salary schedules.
- Analyse monthly labour turnover and exit interview feedback and take remedial action.
- Manage team member communication being creative with the methods and content of communication to maximise dissemination and engagement.
- Build and maintain a good rapport with the General Managers of Hotel, Planning Committee, People and Culture team, Department Heads and team members to stay up to date with all People and Culture and welfare related issues.
- Be available to all team members and be ready to coach and advise them.
- Be open to receive feedback and be able to provide constructive feedback to others.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all People and Culture and Training related issues, only speaking to the relevant people about the appropriate subject.
- Set the example to others in following property rules and show a positive attitude at all times whilst on duty.
- Set the example to others to follow with regards to grooming and appearance.
- To support and deliver the aims and objectives of the COMO Approach, as well as suggesting ideas for implementation.
- To deputise in the absence of the General Manager carrying out weekend duty management shifts.
- To work on ad hoc projects and reports as required.
Any other duties that may be assigned by your General Manager or Vice President of People and Culture from time to time.
- Ideally, a minimum of eight(8) years plus experience in progressively more responsible people and culture management roles
- Experience as a trusted resource as a senior manager
- Familiar with COMO Hotels and Resorts culture
- Highly proficient knowledge of employment law
- Direct team management experience including directing efforts to achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Strong effective communicator in writing, during business presentations and when engaging in interpersonal communication
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality in relation to interpersonal interaction.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution while remaining cost-sensitive.
- Strong commitment to and interest in team member relations and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company