COMO Metropolitan Singapore
Property: COMO Metropolitan Singapore
Position: Financial Controller
Base Location: Singapore
Reporting to: General Manager and VP, Finance
- Prepare the hotel annual budget in consultation with the general manager and department heads.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses, and ensure the accuracy of forecasting.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports. Ensure all financial reports are accurate and timely. Analyze financial data and provide insights to the management.
- Oversee a team of 5 executives in all accounting functions.
- Monitor the hotel’s cash flow. Ensure there are sufficient funds available to meet ongoing operational expenses.
- Develop and maintain a system of internal controls. Ensure transactions are conducted in accordance with USALI standards.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors. Ensure the hotel complies with all internal and legislative requirements and regulations.
- Ensure all contract signed are in accordance to group and legislative requirement.
- Check the monthly payroll by outsourced agency and ensue timely and accurate payment for all employees.
- Regularly review the hotel's financial performance and strategize ways to enhance revenues, and improve overall profitability.
- Lead, manage, and mentor the finance team. Conduct regular performance reviews, training, and development initiatives.
- Manage relationships with vendors, ensuring that all items purchased are received and bills are paid timely.
- Evaluate and address financial risks associated with the hotel operation.
- Regularly update the owners and hotel’s management team and other stakeholders about the financial status of the hotel.
- Continuously review processes for improvement and stay updated with the latest best practices in hotel finance management.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Proven experience in a similar role in the hospitality industry.
- Strong knowledge of hotel accounting software (Sun Accounting System) and other related systems (Operate Cloud, POS)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work extended hours, especially during peak seasons or during month-end/year-end reporting.
From time to time, you may be asked to undertake duties that are not included in this job description. You should agree to undertake these duties as long as the requests are reasonable and will not affect your health, safety, or security.